About this role
Currently seeking a Plant Engineer to provide support for continuous maintenance of plant operations and increased efficiency. They will implement solutions that support plant safety and maintain mechanical integrity through development of predictive/preventative maintenance plans and procedures. This role will directly report into the Chief Engineer.
Job tasks and objectives:
- Serves as a lead site technical resource for piping systems, stationary equipment and rotating equipment
- Designs & implements predictive/preventive maintenance programs for critical equipment and provide technical support for emergency maintenance work as needed
- Assists the maintenance department with planning of site turnarounds, shutdowns, and special projects
- Assists site Mechanical Integrity Engineer and inspectors with planning, scheduling, execution, and documentation of equipment and ensures it's in compliance with PSM standard
- Works with site maintenance team, inspectors, and contractors to ensure repairs are performed according to specifications and properly documented
- Supports reliability technicians and inspectors with analysis of data gathered during condition monitoring rounds, and issues recommendations accordingly
- Develops, reviews & updates site maintenance and mechanical integrity procedures
- Leads troubleshooting efforts related to equipment issues onsite and documents findings through failure analyses to avoid recurrence
- Provides input with regards to scheduling, development of job lists, ordering spare parts and materials as well as new equipment, and sizing of work crews based on job estimation
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance/reliability engineering experience in a chemical plant or refinery is strongly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of rotating equipment, piping systems design and maintenance, pressure vessel specifications and maintenance, inspection techniques, and manpower coordination
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in basic computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, Avantis
- Knowledge of industrial codes & standards (API, ASME, ANSI, OSHA, State)
If this sounds like you, then apply now and don't miss out on this opportunity to work with a global leader within the chemical processes sector!
This opportunity offers a competitive base as well as a generous relocation package for the right candidate, so apply now or refer a friend. If you have questions about the role, reach out directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to get your application started.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shourya Saxena is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston