About this role
Our client is seeking a Planner / Scheduler for a Full-Time, contract opportunity. This is a six month contract opportunity with the potential for extension or conversion to a permanent staff position.
The Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the development of planning and scheduling of tasks in support of the National Shipbuilding & Procurement Strategy. Key responsibilities include developing the Project plan within the integrated master schedule incorporating resource loaded Material, Engineering, Production and Test & Trials plans. All plans must be developed to support the development and input or work packages into Shipyard’s Materials Resources Planning (MRP) and Financial systems.
- Utilizing Primavera Project Planning Tool to develop and maintain Contract and Level 2-3 Plans and integrated schedules for the Program Management Office (PMO) to support adherence to schedule, forecasting and to provide data/management information for decision making purposes.
- Develop detailed engineering and design schedules that align to program milestones and, meet Customer and requirements and allow for the early identification of delays etc.
- Develop and maintain individual and integrated resource profiles from Primavera Project Planning Tool information.
- Ensures Interface between P6 schedules and MRP system are maintained where applicable.
- Prepare and distribute weekly and monthly project status reports.
- Provide planning and scheduling analysis and forecasting to senior leadership to develop management information that will provide the basis for future actions and decision making about the program.
- Support the preparation of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports that identify program status, cost, and schedule performance.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business or similar field
- 5+ years planning/scheduling experience in a large manufacturing environment, preferably in the shipbuilding industry.
- Certification by an accredited society in Planning, Production Control and/or Project Management is highly desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of shipbuilding operations with a detailed understanding of the relationship between procurement, design, production and test operations.
- Proficiency working with independent planning systems including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project (nice to have)
- Experience using an ERP system in a large manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of EVMS principles and their application in monitoring, reporting and controlling work activities.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary