About this role
We’re hiring “Marine Engineer” for our client, a leading oil and gas company. This is permanent position for location Bangalore with experience in oil and gas and not Shipbuilding/ Shipping Industry
• Develop Marine System Design Basis, Philosophies and Functional specifications;• Generate detailed design engineering deliverables such as Equipment Sizing, Calculations, Equipment Datasheets, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, Safe Charts, Alarm and Trip Settings, Relief and Blowdown Studies, HP/LP Interface Studies, Vendor Data Review, etc.;
• Review LQ design / layout and suit marine systems accordingly;• Develop and /or review Marine Systems PFD / UFD, P&IDs;
• Be proficient in developing and /or review of calculation reports, equipment & line sizing, heat & mass balance, line pressure drop, flow & surge analysis, flow balance etc.;• Use in-house / external software (Flowmaster, Pipenet etc.) for verification of Marine Systems designs.
• Design and engineer safe, effective and efficient Marine Systems in conformance with Company and Project requirements, and all applicable and relevant legislation, standards and codes, under the supervision of a Senior/Lead/Expert Marine Systems Engineer and/or Department Manager/Discipline Supervisor.• Implement ideas and engineering solutions, which enhances departmental and Company performance in Marine Systems Engineering.
• Understand requirement of classification societies and other regulatory bodies involved with the safety, integrity and legality of the Company's Marine Systems designs.• Actively interface with other engineering disciplines during the course of project execution and/or engineering development activities with good communication proficiency.
• Study existing Marine Systems designs and reengineer as per contract requirement (for brownfield / conversion projects);• Recommend Marine Systems inspection requirements for brownfield / conversion projects;
• Interface with Drafters and/or Design Engineers for elaboration of drawings;• Assist in developing man-hours allocation for engineering deliverables and activities;
• Document all deviations from agreed scope and budget hours to accurately adjust man hour forecast and project completion date for related changes;• Understand and monitor all interfaces with Class Society and Clients to ensure requirements are properly addressed and relevant documents are reviewed timely;
• Manage the interfaces with Vendor, Subcontractors and third party consultants and ensure relevant documents are reviewed timely and thoroughly. Participate and verify system design on 3D modeling activities carried out by Design Team.
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel India Private Limited, a subsidiary of Brunel Holding Group Company (Brunel Intl. N.V.) a company registered in the Netherlands with over 10,000 employees in 104 offices across 35 countries. The Energy Division of Brunel Group comprehensively provides manpower services for Upstream Oil & Gas, Downstream Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power Generation, Mining & Resources, Civil Engineering, Automotive, Rail, Life Sciences, Finance, Legal and ICT. Our core services are Pay Rolling, Contract Hire and Direct Hire services for major Operating companies and EPC contractors.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement