About this role
Brunel is currently searching for a Sr. Process Electrical Engineer for direct hire with our client in Elko, Nevada to join their growing team.
As the Sr. Electrical Engineer you will assist with maintenance activities for all major process facilities. You will be responsible for all medium and low voltage equipment, as well as design and oversee technical aspects of construction projects to ensure compliance with specifications, drawings, and electrical codes and to ensure safe work performance;
We are looking for a energetic Engineer who thrives on taking on projects and owning them;
- The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for conducting engineering analyses and performing computer related functions such as drawings, spreadsheets and database compilations. Technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills for power distribution and instrumentation systems and components;
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will facilitate on-going maintenance of the power distribution switchgear, 5KV motors and their control systems. Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with customers through performance of field investigations in response to customers’ needs; perform other duties as assigned;
- Manage Engineering Design consultants, including all process design activities associated with capital projects;
- Assist in tendering and awarding engineering design requirements;
- Provide design input to the engineering design consultants to ensure the design meets operating requirements and permitting requirements;
- Ensure the engineering design schedule is managed to meet the construction schedule requirements;
- Provide oversight for the construction and commissioning of all process related capital projects and systems;
- Provide assistance with contractor supervision;
- Ensure correct operating procedures are followed regarding safety, environmental, and project objectives;
- Ensure all mineral processing project aspects are carried out in a manner that will meet or exceed the companies values and vision;
- Implement project delivery systems and tools;
- Ensure compliance with all project management systems including: document control integrity, contractor management, scope change control, provide oversight during commission, provide oversight for process equipment procurement, maintain project within approved scope, work closely with civil and mechanical capital project management to integrate engineering, design and construction activities and project administration.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required;
- Experience with project management preferred;
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam preferred;
- Minimum of three years field experience in maintenance and/or project engineering required;
- Experience with managing contractors and contract management required;
- MS Office Experience required;
- Strong oral and written communication skills required;
- AutoCAD experience preferred;
- SAP applications preferred.
As a team member with one of the largest mines in the U.S. you will receive a competitive salary, a world-class benefits package, annual bonuses, 401K match, stock options and more.
Join the Brunel FamilyOur client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer.
They are committed to a safe work
environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a
sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement